How to Upgrade Your House before Selling It?
With real estate sales prices being unstable these days, it has become all the more important to make your house stand out from other similar properties on the real estate market.
Here are some improvements that you can make to your property to enhance its overall aesthetic appeal, so that real estate home buyers instantly get attracted towards it.
Read on to learn how you can upgrade the interiors and exteriors of your house to make it sell successfully in the least possible time.
Your local real estate agent can make other suggestions which should be listened to; after all he is the expert on selling real estate property.
1) Tidy up the exterior - A house covered in dirt and mildew is least expected to impress the prospective buyers. If you cannot clean the outdoor area of your property, then you can consider hiring a specialized pressure washer to do the job. The main area a man is interested in is a clean tidy maintenance free or little maintenance yard and a nice clean roomy garage or shed to place his tools. Your real estate agent can make some suggestions on this as well.
2) Repair the roof - A leaking, worn or damaged roof is a big turn off for the real estate buyer. Statistics show that roof repair or replacement is one of the biggest selling points for a property. For the buyer, having a roof in a tip-top condition means having something secure and safe, which they do not have to be apprehensive about. Your real estate agent can give you some names for tradesman if you wish to have some repairs carried out before the sale of your home.
3) Update the kitchen appliances - If you have old kitchen appliances, then it is probably the right time to update them. The potential buyers would apparently find it hard to envision your home as their newly bought house, if it appears outdated. Though, it is a costly improvement, the outcome would be quite rewarding.
4) Go neutral while painting the walls - To bring a fresh touch in your house, get all the walls painted. If your current paint is smeared, scratched or has some hideous marks, it is all the more important to coat the walls with a nice paint. While choosing the colors, opt for more neutral shades, even if you like bright colors, like yellow, orange, red etc. This way, prospective buyers of your home, who do not share same taste in colors, would not get turned off. Again your real estate agent can help with the names of some tradesman to carry out the painting of your home.
5) Fix the baseboards - Usually, baseboards get chipped, dented or cracked over time. As a seller you may hardly notice them, however, potential buyers will. Fortunately, fixing them is not very difficult. It is almost like sanding down imperfections and subsequently applying fresh paint on them.
6) Tidy up the bathroom - Before you put your house for sale in the market, make sure your bathroom is clean. It is not like that weekly cleaning which you perform every Sunday. It is about bleaching the grout present between shower tiles, checking the drainage to know if is working fine, putting away all personal stuff before the showings begin and so on. The main rooms a woman looks at are the bathroom and kitchen so make sure they are the best rooms in your house when you are preparing to sell it.
7) Fix the broken gates or windows - Take a walk around the house and carefully look at the gates and windows. You are sure to find a lot of minor problems which might be making your house appear more worn out than what it actually is. For instance, a rusted gate makes a poor impression on the visitors. So, get all the problem areas fixed immediately.
Remember upgrading your property before trying to sell it would ensure that you would get a realistic price for your house and that too without waiting for too long.
A well-kept house is most likely to sell faster than the one kept in a poor condition.